It is extremely important to restore the natural function of the hand from a biomechanical perspective. A missing fingertip may impact the entire upper extremity including the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder over time. As someone ages, the impact is magnified. Today, using some form of keyboard is part of the daily routine. Therefore, it is even more important to return hand function to normal by wearing finger prosthetics.
- Restore functional grip and grasping
- Restore length of finger
- Protect sensitive residual finger from trauma
- Increase circulation in residual finger
- Restore natural appearance of hand
- Increase ability to type normally
- Help wearer avoid unwanted attention to injury